Be a part of something significant this holiday season, give the gift of Camptown to thousands of at-risk youth. On December 2nd, Giving Tuesday, we need your support to raise enough funds to purchase items that would help us make our outdoor adventure programming safer, more impactful, and more fun.
- Ten Orienteering Punches – These will be used in order to enhance our orienteering programs with middle school and high school kids. Each punch is unique, so the kids use them in order to prove that they found certain orienteering targets. Estimated cost: $60
- Six Motorola 36-mile Range Walkie Talkies – Many of the areas we go have little to no cell phone coverage. Two-way radios would allow us to communicate and coordinate in the event that an emergency arises. Estimated cost: $210
- Three Kodak Easy Share 14mp camera with 4GB SD card – Pictures speak louder than words. Most of the photos we take are with our cell phones. A small fleet of cameras would allow us to preserve battery life for emergencies, and take higher quality pictures in order to share our stories with the world. Estimated cost: $230
- 48″ HDTV – It’s no secret that many of the youth we work with are very visual learners. A flat screen television would expand our programming and classroom teaching by allowing us to use visual aids and presentations. Estimated cost: $500
Each additional dollar raised beyond $1000 will be used to support Camptown’s operational costs and overhead, ensuring that our programs remain low to no cost for each of our program partners. Of course, if you can also support us by donating the item itself.
If you’d like to support us by donating an item not listed above, we are also in need of the following items for our facility:
- 4′ x 8′ Dry Erase Board
- 16′ Step Ladder (or 22′ foot telescoping ladder)