Become a Trip Mentor
We have a range of adventurous volunteer opportunities that include assisting on canoe trips, backpacking trips, and overnight camping. Perfect for the outdoor enthusiast that wants to pay it forward to the next generation. Also, youth safety is paramount at Camptown and to protect those we serve, all adult volunteers working directly with youth must fill out a Volunteer Questionnaire and agree to a police background check.
Trip Mentors Requirements
A Trip Mentor serves as an adult role model on a Camptown adventure. Mentors will be involved with the adventure from the beginning training classes through the post-trip celebration. To be considered for a Trip Mentor, volunteers must:
- Have a passion for helping youth in need and willing to work with youth from a wide array of backgrounds including youth with physical, mental and emotional disorders, youth with behavior problems and adjudicated youth.
- Be 21 years of age or older (exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for individuals 18-20).
- Be physically fit. Our adventures can include hiking in rough terrain and in all kinds of weather conditions. Trip Mentors should be in good enough physical condition to complete the scheduled program.
- Complete a Camptown Volunteer Application and Camptown Consent, Release and Assumption of Risk (PDF).
- Successfully complete a criminal background check.
If you are interested in helping as a Camptown Trip Mentor, please complete the Camptown Volunteer Application (PDF); and our Consent, Release & Health Information Form and return to us at email@example.com.
If you are interested in volunteering in any other capacity or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to you joining us in our mission to lead youth to a better path.